If you do not have relationships in the online gaming and Internet 500 firms, although we appreciate your interest, we can not consider you as a candidate. We prefer someone out of the consulting world, yet open to high level rainmakers from the traditional service providers. Thanks for referring to candidates focused on this market.
The role is a thought leader and revenue head with P&L responsibility for RampRate’s services in the online gaming and internet industry, which includes Internet 500, casual gaming, massively multiplayer online gaming, and online gambling sectors. It is the public face of RampRate for the segment. This position supports and initiates business development for opportunities involving services for game developers, distributors, and operators. While responsible for maintaining and expanding RampRate’s presence in online gaming, the Practice Leader will be able to cross sell into financial services, pharmaceutical, Internet services, insurance, health care, M&E, advertising, and publishing if opportunities exist.
- Be RampRate’s public face in the gaming market, attending trade shows, creating market commentary, and participating in industry-related blogs. Managing current clients in your vertical which currently represent over $700M in yearly IT spend.
- Develop overall strategy, budget, and tactical action plan for the Practice.
- Manage the sales and P&L related to the gaming segment, to ensure growth and profitability for RampRate services within the segment.
- Contribute to identifying and hiring engagement managers and supporting analysts for infrastructure for gaming services, such as telecom, cloud, data centers, reporting, and managed services.
- Determine high level approach to addressing client need, including value proposition and cost / benefit analysis.
- Drive business development for the gaming segment, including but not limited to:
- Account identification and sales strategy.
- Leverage business contacts to drive opportunities.
- Participating in pre-sales calls with prospects, as a subject matter expert and to scope RampRate services.
- Defining scope, setting objectives, developing solutions and closing deals.
- Must have industry relationships with Riot, Blizzard, Microsoft, EA, Sony, and other online gaming firms. Also with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and the like. Relationships with global firms as we operate in 119 countries.
- Proven leadership ability, thorough understanding of market dynamics, and a self-motivated style. Relationships with top influencers in the gaming segment a plus.
- 5-10 years business experience, including a minimum of 3+ years of successfully conducting and/or selling IT services and/or professional consulting services.
- Consulting or selling experience to gaming companies with a recognized professional services organization, large managed services client, and/or major managed services vendor a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build a business unit, with P&L responsibility
- College degree required; MBA a plus.
- Ideal Candidate would have a background in an IT organization with a gaming focus, a top tier consulting organization, or gaming-focused analyst firm.
- Benefits package includes insurance, disability, access to a 401K program, and a way to balance work and life.