The Senior Sourcing Analyst role puts you at the forefront of helping well-known Fortune 500 companies and innovative startups build the right foundation for their next generation technology platform. As lead creator of project deliverables supported by an experienced sourcing advisory team, you will directly impact millions in technology expenditure through analyzing and benchmarking costs, evaluating vendors, and helping negotiate contracts. This role will provide direct exposure to high-level decision makers including CIOs and CFOs of client companies, and give you valuable experience with building highly visible deliverables and presenting them to clients.
- Take final responsibility for all deliverables related to a project including data accuracy, conformance with corporate standards, and fit with client requirements
- Work collaboratively with a RampRate Project Manager and client staff to develop and execute on a sourcing or negotiation strategy for large-scale IT infrastructure services
- Analyze and itemize complex IT Service expenditures of RampRate clients (including hosting options ranging from co-location to cloud), bandwidth and data networks, content delivery, support staffing, and telecommunications
- Learn about the relevant technologies and terminology to be able to converse fluently with the client’s technical staff
- Compare bills against service orders and inventory to identify discrepancies
- Map spend to benchmark data in RampRate’s Service Provider Intelligence Index (SPY Index) where applicable
- Identify sources of comparison / benchmark data for custom services not mapped in the SPY Index, including ad hoc competitive quotes and third party databases
- Interpolate and model data to fill gaps and fulfill custom requests
- Negotiate new contracts and existing contracts with IT and Telecom suppliers under difficult and stressful situations
- Research subjects of interest / importance to the client as needed to inspire confidence in the decisions made with flexibility to comment on everything from round-trip latencies to tax jurisdictions if called on after appropriate preparation
- Research information relevant to the project through Web sources, primary research, personal contacts and other creative approaches
- Build a forecast for potential savings through renegotiation or re-sourcing based on benchmarks and analysis of discrepancies
- Create documents to support negotiations, including request letters, assessments of vendor offers, and internal guidance documents for senior negotiators
- Create documents to support procurement / sourcing efforts, including RFP / RFQ, vendor quote forms, vendor quote analysis
- Identify target vendors to reach on behalf of clients based on RampRate data and research
- Assess and compare vendor offers and services on a “like for like” basis
- Provide feedback to vendors on their performance
- Calculate impact of RampRate’s services
- Proofread all deliverables to ensure conformity with RampRate quality standards
- Help RampRate migrate its service into online cloud tools by using Confluence, Jira, etc.
- Use-test and document RampRate’s proprietary online toolset, while also providing improvement ideas for the next generation of software
- Develop a practice specialization (e.g. telecom, data centers, cloud, desktop support) and create / refine templates and best practices documents for that specialization
- Recruit, train, and oversee junior analysts after an appropriate ramp-up period
- Cross-train across all relevant RampRate technology domains to fluidly address varied client needs
- At least a bachelor's degree in accounting/finance, economics, technical, or equivalent work related experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the IT industry including a broad knowledge of various IT products, services, and technology with primary focus on data center, colocation, managed services, cloud compute architectures, and migration from data center to cloud topologies
- 2+ years of professional experience in a role focused on tangible enterprise-quality deliverables (e.g. research analyst, sales engineer, technical writer)
- Professional or academic data analysis, writing and research experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in logical, structured thinking, with work experience focused on tangible quantitative deliverables
- Direct professional responsibility for creating and presenting quantitative analysis to audiences that are less technical / engaged in the details (e.g. clients or management)
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability and passion for arguing a business case with suppliers and negotiate better contractual terms for our clients – natural ability to persuade people and detect their hidden intentions
- Ideally have IT Services experience in hosting, network, support, and Telco
- Experience in computer science or coding a plus
- Experience with hiring / managing junior staff or contractors a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work in a demanding area with little need for management supervision or intervention
- Ability to communicate orally to both technical and non-technical audiences up to C-level as demonstrated by public speaking appearances, history of high-visibility internal projects, and/or quotes in mainstream publications
- Strong work ethic and ability to be productive outside of an office environment
- Some work with contract redlining and ability to read / interpret technical contracts
- Eagerness to learn with ability to do it “on the fly” under some pressure
- Compensation model of base plus a quarterly bonus composed of company and individual performance metrics, and a year-end profit sharing bonus. Significant pay incentives are offered for overachieving performance against targets. Pay commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY HISTORY AND REQUIREMENTS WITH YOUR COVER LETTER.
- Benefits package includes health insurance, eye/dental, disability, access to a 401K program, and a way to balance work and life.
IT infrastructure, datacenter, research, network, CDN, hosting, cloud consultant, solutions architect, sales engineer, sourcing IT advisors, professional services, site selection, CSR, TEM, service level agreements, private peering, digital media, outsourcing, network, cloud, big data, hosting, insourcing, benchmarking, baselining, high speed trading, wine laws, streaming, colocation, bandwidth, software, managed services, Microsoft, contracts, IT services, managed services, Alsbridge, Apptio, ISG, Servicemesh, CSC, Akamai, ATT, Verizon, Terremark, AWS, amazon web services, DSE, eBay, outsourcing, insourcing, IT strategy, telecom, managed services.