The Solutions Architect is engaged directly in major RampRate sales campaigns for IT Sourcing Reviews, Contract Restructures, IT Sourcing Procurement Management, and IT Lifecycle Management engagements. This is a high-level role working directly with our CEO and Exec team that leverages our relationships with C-suite and executive management of the world's most respected brands as they build relationships with IT Suppliers CXO execs from AT&T, Verizon, Infosys, Akamai, Digital Realty Trust, IBM, HP, Equinix and employ RampRate side by side with its partners. Participating in this process allows a candidate extensive professional growth and the building of relationships that will serve them for the duration of their career.
The Solutions Architect works with RampRate’s executive team and other staff members to support the direct sales and marketing activities of RampRate.
The role can be performed remotely from a home office (SoCal, Bay Area or NY), and may require moderate travel (up to 1-2 weeks per month) to support key sales initiatives.
- Support account sales strategy development alongside CEO and CMO.
- Provide technical sales support for RampRate services through partners in real estate, consulting and sourcing advisory
- Determine technical requirements of the customer and provide clear estimation of feasibility, cost and risks
- Perform technical analysis and develop pre-sales business cases.
- Support contract negotiations with the customer and formulate the right success fee model
- Attend frequent customer business planning meetings in person and via phone/internet to define preliminary requirements.
- Work with the RampRate’s Engagement Team to develop proposals and work estimates for services based on preliminary requirements
- Convert requirements and quotes into statements of work.
- Work with the Sales, Engagement, and Client Delivery and as necessary, to create innovative approaches for "non-standard" implementations
- Track all open projects and accounts using Salesforce.com
- 5+ years IT consulting, sales engineering, or project management experience.
- IT Services Outsourcing experience required. Must be expert in one or more of the following disciplines, with some familiarity across all of them: cloud services, co-location / data centers, managed services, CDN, network, telecom and ancillary services.
- Ideally sales engineer or complex project management role for an IT services company or related area, delivering complex solutions preferably in the area of sourcing and research.
- Deep knowledge of outsourcing SLAs / business terms, processes for obtaining market based pricing, and pitfalls faced by CIOs / CFOs in outsourcing IT.
- Comfortable in a selling culture that is based on a consultative approach requiring custom research in pre-sale stage.
- Must be able to manage 10-15 projects / sales initiatives simultaneously.
- Tireless and passionate about providing clients value, with availability and responsiveness on urgent customer business.
- Effective team and client communication skills.
- Strong ethical standards, high integrity.
- Compensation model of base, commission, and MBO with no annual cap, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Benefits package includes insurance, disability, FSA, 401(k), and a way to balance work & life.
Want to see cool stuff we work on? Check out our case study for the world's largest auction e-commerce site here!
RampRate Referral Partners Program:
- Not yet ready to be part of RampRate? You can join us as a Referral Partner. We offer multiple levels of Referral Partners Program. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
IT infrastructure, datacenter, network, CDN, hosting, cloud consultant, solutions architect, sales engineer, sourcing IT advisors, professional services, site selection, CSR, TEM, service level agreements, private peering, digital media, outsourcing, network, cloud, big data, hosting, insourcing, benchmarking, baselining, high speed trading, wine laws, streaming, colocation, bandwidth, software, managed services, Microsoft, contracts, IT services, managed services, Alsbridge, Apptio, ISG, Servicemesh, CSC, Akamai, ATT, Verizon, Terremark, AWS, amazon web services, DSE, eBay, outsourcing, insourcing, IT strategy, telecom, managed services.