Wanted: IT Subject Matter Experts and Sourcing Advisors
We are augmenting our current world-class team with additional on-the-ground and remote resources to handle our current demand. We are a top sourcing advisor on IT infrastructure to global Fortune 20–500 companies and select IT- intensive startups. We are looking for a subject matter expert (individual or firm) in CDN, content distribution, managed services, and other IT infrastructure services for a short engagement to qualify, scope, and build a proposal for large US based client in the media/entertainment vertical. Should the combined effort result in a closed sale, you and/or your company will have the opportunity to participate in the delivery or recommend preferred resources to deliver on the engagement. All will have mid-term negotiation aspects, terminations, and renewals.
- Has current understanding of and experience with the leading global CDN suppliers, their products, services, pricing models and technologies as well as expertise in the overlay of optimized content delivery management and services used to manage delivery of content across large user bases. Ideally experience with, but not limited to, the following providers: Akamai, Limelight, Level3, Verizon, Edgecast, etc.
- Understands how the providers differentiate, compete and potentially work together as well as what solutions are best fits for what type of end user functional and technical requirements. Understands CDN suppliers’ key differentiators, pricing schemes, typical contract and MSA schemes, SLAs, and quality of services by reputation, can use this knowledge to potentially contribute to or lead benchmarking analysis and/or sourcing analysis
- Extensive past experience evaluating and buying services from CDN and network providers in US, Europe, Asia/Australia (either as the end user or as a consultant representing the end user). Preferably the experience comes from leading multiple CDN and content delivery management services sourcing projects and managing RFP processes on behalf of large, entertainment/media buyer and end users. Example companies include any of “the big six TV networks” in USA and other media companies like content production companies.
- Has in-depth experience from "working with the numbers" as it relates to US CDN and content network service pricing models and strategies. Preferably the experience comes from leading multiple CDN services sourcing and RFP processes on behalf of a buyer/end user.
- Knows industry best practices surrounding SLAs for CDN and data network managed services, and how to negotiate a service contract (i.e. redline/insert teeth) to reduce areas of buyer vulnerability and risk.
- Can hold the technical part of the conversation and brings knowledge of the technical details and nuances when evaluating providers and solutions, in particular the red flags or complicated areas that require extra examination on what is missing.
- Can lead a Needs Analysis discussion with a potential client and can lead discussion points and key questions that a buyer should be asking, which can first be used to demonstrate expertise in the area and then help to sell consulting and advisory services. Be able to further drive a complete and comprehensive Needs Analysis phase (upon actually being engaged under contract) that results in a set of buyer criteria and requirements.
- Understands and has experience auditing CDN and data network contracts and invoices from the large/main players.
Open- tell us your history and your requested hourly rate
IT infrastructure, datacenter, research, network, CDN, hosting, cloud consultant, solutions architect, sales engineer, sourcing IT advisors, professional services, site selection, CSR, TEM, service level agreements, private peering, digital media, outsourcing, network, cloud, big data, hosting, insourcing, benchmarking, baselining, high speed trading, wine laws, streaming, colocation, bandwidth, software, managed services, Microsoft, contracts, IT services, managed services, Alsbridge, Apptio, ISG, Servicemesh, CSC, Akamai, ATT, Verizon, Terremark, AWS, amazon web services, DSE, eBay, outsourcing, insourcing, IT strategy, telecom, managed services.